Capelli's Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Here in the Night Hours, the fight for survival is yourself...

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

I'll Be Your Hero [ Shiloh's Story ]

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Captain America

Captain America

I'll Be Your Hero [ Shiloh's Story ] Empty
PostSubject: I'll Be Your Hero [ Shiloh's Story ]   I'll Be Your Hero [ Shiloh's Story ] EmptyFri May 25, 2012 10:05 pm

This is the clock upon the wall
This is the story of us all
This is the first sound of a newborn child,
Before he starts to crawl

Shiloh was born to a family of European descendants Jane Doe and John Doe. There had been jokes while he was growing up about his parents' names. He didn't care that just showed how honestly perfect his family was meant to be, even the government had the Anonymous named after his family! Though, whenever he passed up the coffee shops and heard a detective saying they found a Jane Doe or a John doe dead, fear crept up on him. He just needed to go home, if you could call it that to a normal person, just to make sure his parents where still alive and breathing. He would always be relieved to find them alive.

Shiloh would always give them the spare change he made sitting on the street corner to get attention, when he wasn't at school of course. No one could resist helping him, he had light blond hair, sapphire blue eyes and a smile that could melt hearts of even the most evil of people. He was six when his mother came and told him he was going to have a sibling.

"I hope I have a little brother!" Shiloh exclaimed when his mother told him. His mom just gave him a soft smile, brushing his bangs out of his face.

"Well, you're getting a sister, I'm sorry, love." Shiloh had been a bit confused on how his mother knew which gender they were getting from the Stork. His father had told them the Stork, God's partner in making sure people could appreciate the world he had created for them, gave babies to willing parents that needed them. He didn't understand but he doubted he would ever figure it out.

"That's awesome too!" Shiloh said with his adorable six year old smile earning a hug from his mother and a hair ruffle from his father.

He wondered how have a sibling would effect them.

This is the war that's never won
This is a soldier and his gun
This is the mother waiting by the phone,
Praying for her son

Alison Doe was born nine months later in the same apartment, his family didn't have health insurance to afford a doctor. Thankfully, there were no complications with delivery. Shiloh was seven when it happened. He had come home to his mother looking exhausted while his father wore a proud yet soft smile.

He was an older brother.

"I missed the Stork!" Shiloh whined out, his cries were suddenly silenced as he saw her. He was smitten with the child in his mother's arm. Suddenly, him wanting a brother was lost. He was totally okay with a sister. He'd make sure to protect her like those guys in the comic books his friend Peter used to bring to school before the teacher took them away.

He just walked closer to the little girl blinking at the frail infant.

"What's her name?" He asked, too enthralled by the fact something so tiny could exist.

"Alison." Shiloh could hear the happiness in his mom's voice before he saw the smile.

"Well... Alison, I'm going to be your Super older brother! I promise I'm going to protect you." Shiloh pronounced earning a grateful smile from his mother and the proud smile moving to join him in the pride.

"Let your mom rest, Hero. Why don't we get you something to eat." Shiloh just nodded babbling a whole series of questions. Most of them his father didn't answer truthfully.

Pictures of you, pictures of me
Hung upon your wall for the world to see
Pictures of you, pictures of me
Remind us all of what we used to be

Shiloh's sister was healthy, for a while. When she turned seven she started to get unbelievably sick. Shiloh, at fifteen, went to get a job to help support his parents while attending high school trying to help his little sister, trying to be the hero she desperately needed.

Sometimes Shiloh would pray that Superman or Captain America really did exist so he could yell for help and they'd be there to save him. It was a lost caused and eventually he gave up believing in a higher power.

Shiloh moved into his sister's room. Alison looked like she had seen much better days. Her hair was a dull, dirty blond and her gray, blue eyes seemed to stare at nothing yet everything.

"Hey, Aly. I picked you up something at work." Shiloh tried to be soft and careful. He dug around in a bag he had and pulled out a same teddy bear. He tucked it under her hands as he brushed away some of the hair the was plastered to her face with sweat. He didn't mind, honestly. He was just glad she was awake. He watched her eyes moved towards him as she tried to smile. He knew movements hurt her so he shook his head.

"It's okay, Aly. I know you're thankful. I'll be back later, okay? Just get some sleep." Shiloh gave a small kiss to her forehead before leaving the room. He hadn't missed the words uttered from her lips.

'Hero.' She had worded. He felt his chest tighten as tears rolled down his cheeks. He moved his arms to wipe away the trails of emotion. He'd do everything to save her, nothing would stop him.

There is a drug that cures it all
Blocked by the governmental wall
We are the scientists inside the lab,
Just waiting for the call

A few months later, Shiloh was sixteen, Alison became too sick. His mother could no longer leave her daughter's room and himself and his father worked themselves to the point Shiloh had dropped out of high school. The school understood, of course. He had the necessary credits to have an early graduation.

People could be so understanding.

His family finally had enough money to go to a doctor. The news they heard wasn't great but it was something they could fix. John held Jane as she cried in his chest. Shiloh didn't move, he didn't look up. His sister had cancer.

He failed to be her hero.

Confess to me, every secret moment
Every stolen promise you believed
Confess to me, all that lies between us
All that lies between you and me

Shiloh wasn't stupid, not in the least bit. His mother had worked herself to death to help her baby girl. It seemed his father was right behind her too.

Shiloh sat on the chair, looking at his hands. They hadn't been able to afford the funeral for his mother. She was just a bunch of ashes in an urn now. He slipped his body into itself to his place his head on his knees, silent sobs shaking his shoulders. He could protect them, they needed money. Something that wasn't easy to get a hold of. He had heard of an offer from one of his work friends, who was female. You could sell your body for a lot of money to become a private dancer. He wasn't exactly sure what it was but he needed... they needed the money desperately to save Alison's life.

So he sought out Capelli and offered himself for money to save his family.

And Capelli gave him a job.

We are the boxers in the ring
We are the bells that never sing
There is a title we can't win no matter
How hard we might swing
Back to top Go down

I'll Be Your Hero [ Shiloh's Story ]
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Capelli's Club :: Out of Character :: Fanfiction-
Jump to: